Day 36 Into Virginia

I slept incredibly well last night. Once I tried falling asleep at 10PM I was out and stayed asleep until 6:30AM when my alarm went off. I guess hiking over 26 miles really tired me out.


We all started moving around 7 and were hiking by 8:15. After filling up water and actually getting on trail the clock read 8:30. Getting to town motivated us to move quickly. We hiked most of the morning over a very simple ridge.



With only 15 miles to town we pushed pretty hard. We hiked to by 1:00, essentially having covered 15.5 miles in 4.5 hours. On the way into town we crossed out of Tennessee and into Virginia!




Once in Damascus we passed a couple iconic landmarks including the arch.




After the arch we checked into our room and I took my first shower in 8 days. It’s funny how great the simple things are when you go without them for a week. We are staying in the exact same room where Tyler and I stayed 4 years ago. After checking into the room we went to the diner in town and I ate a double bacon cheeseburger, a Philly cheesesteak, two servings of fries, and 4 chicken tenders. The owner of the inn kindly drove us to the grocery store where we bought our resupply and food for dinner and breakfast. 


We will stay here in town tonight and head out to hike another 23 miles tomorrow. For now I’m going to enjoy real food and a real bed. 


Goodnight,

Walker 





If you want to follow Tyler or Spencer, here are their logs as well:


Tyler: https://tylerat2024.blogspot.com/?m=1


Spencer: https://www.instagram.com/baxter.bound?utm_source=qr&igsh=MWx4MzRqa3M4dGk3Mw==

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 0 Good Beginnings

Day 8 Siler and Wayah

Day 1 The First of Many