Day 102 Back into the Woods

Today was a whirlwind, Ashley drop me off at the trail around 3 PM, I hiked 12.5 miles, and I’m sleeping next to a river tonight.


This morning I woke up and hung out with Ashley and her family for a couple hours, then Ashley‘s mom drove us back to Beverly MA. on the way we dropped off Ashley‘s sister at the airport. From Beverly, I got a resupply for the next couple days and put together a supply drop to send to North Conway, New Hampshire. Then Ashley and I drove up to the trail and I started hiking where I got off on Friday. It’s always very hard getting back into the rhythm of hiking, after seeing Ashley and knowing that I will miss her until I see her again. 


I was planning on going around 15 miles, but since I only started hiking at 3 PM, I decided to only hike 12.5. I plan to make up the difference tomorrow by hiking around 21 miles. Then on Tuesday morning, I will meet back up with Spencer, who is zeroing tomorrow with his fiancé. 


After Ashley dropped me off, I steeply ascended Smarts Mountain. Although the mountain isn’t very tall, the climb up was very steep. I made it to the top around 4:45 then climbed the fire tower to check out the overlook.




After Smarts I climbed Mount Cube.The top of the mountain had some very interesting stone slabs, and excellent views of Vermont to the west. 





After cube, I descended a mile and a half, then pitched my tent next to a river. I made it to camp around 8 PM. 


It’s looking like we have two more days of good weather, then it’s supposed to rain for about a week. Hopefully the rain is sporadic, and we are still able to get views through the whites and the start of Maine. 


Good night,

Walker 





If you want to follow Spencer, here is his log:

https://www.instagram.com/baxter.bound?utm_source=qr&igsh=MWx4MzRqa3M4dGk3Mw==

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 0 Good Beginnings

Day 8 Siler and Wayah

Day 1 The First of Many